Sunday, May 19, 2013

Manipura Chakra

The third chakra is the solar plexus, located just above the navel.

Color: yellow

Element: fire

Sound: ram

Spices: ginger and cinnamon

Affirmations: I choose the best for myself.  I stand up for myself.  I am authentic.  I direct my own life.

The third chakra is associated with issues related to self-esteem, personality, ego, self-responsibility, fear of rejection, and oversensitivity to criticism.  It is related to our ability to be ourselves and to follow our own instincts/intuition.

When the third chakra is out of balance we fear rejection and criticism.  We are afraid of looking foolish.  We are afraid of all issues relating to the body, such as obesity, baldness, and aging.

When the third chakra is deficient, it can result in eating disorders, digestive problems, low self-esteem, timidity, chronic fatigue, or feeling like a victim.

When third chakra energy is excessive, there can be perfectionism, controlling others, anger, hatred, and too much emphasis on power and status.

When the third chakra is balanced, we enjoy self-esteem, self-respect, self-discipline, the ability to handle a crisis, generosity, ethics, vitality, and a sense of purpose.

www.chakra-anatomy.com/solarplexus-chakra.html
Yoga Journal online
The Sevenfold Journey
Anatomy of the Spirity